• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Promises, Promises.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I have actually managed to make some shed time and start to clear some of the promises I had made to people.
Watch out for the postman If you are one of those people parcels will be going out on Tuesday after the bank holiday.
Also as promised here are the pictures of my bandsaw jig which is a concoction of other jigs and ideas from the forums here.
It is simply a piece of MDF with a 90 piece on top and a slotted hole making it movable, a runner to fit the guide slot and a spacer to loose the screwhead. squared up by the fence.
Before anyone says anything about cnc or routers, it was all done by hand in a vise with hand tools.
The slot is a series of drill holes elongated with a round file, so nothing hard or technical about it.
It simply works at any angle between 90 degrees to the left and swings through to same at right init?
SIMPLES!!

P1080194.resized.JPG

P1080195.resized.JPG

P1080198.resized.JPG

P1080199.resized.JPG

P1080200.resized.JPG

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thats very good Brian, I might have to have a go at one of these myself if I ever get my shed back together. This is the second weekend on the trot I've been sorting it out and hopefully the last weekend. I've built racks for wood, shelves and a bench and now have enough room for the cnc and the planer thicknesser which hopefully I'll get in there tomorrow.

Jim

Grand Master
I like it Brian, i wish my bandsaw would allow a runner such as yours my friend .. It would make making jigs so much simpler .. I have a Record Power bandsaw with the slot like in inverted "T" .. :down:

Thanks for sharing Brian .. :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Good luck Paul hope all works out as you planned it.
I forgot to mention above the reason for painting it with white primer is so when I find a cut I want to keep I simply mark the base in that spot so I can repeat it exactly or close as.
The important part is sqauring with the blade, all angles can be figured out from there with a protractor and marked for future use init?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I like it Brian, i wish my bandsaw would allow a runner such as yours my friend .. It would make making jigs so much simpler .. I have a Record Power bandsaw with the slot like in inverted "T" .. :down:

Mine is a T-slot too Jim hence the use of the fence.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That is fantastically simple and so versatile, by the time I decide to throw mine out and make this I will have forgotten how simple it was and make it more complicated.

Peter

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed

My bandsaw doesn't have a slot in the table at all....it's bloody hopeless ! Think that an upgrade is the next job on the list.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Yep, I like it Brian.

Ed, all you need to do is make a sled that uses the outside of the table as a support and use that as a guide.

You don't need a guide in the table.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Yep, I like it Brian.

Ed, all you need to do is make a sled that uses the outside of the table as a support and use that as a guide.

You don't need a guide in the table.

Got you Eamonn...simples init :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).