• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bird Boxes

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Yes I made one a few weeks ago and have another to make. I went on the RSBP website to get ideas and sizes.
It was a bit of a Des Res as I made it out of solid oak!!! I don't have any pictures of it but when I do the next one I'll put some pictures on.
Regards
Terry

Jim

Grand Master
I have plans for one, and one for a dovecote somewhere? Some day i will get around to making one of them, the bird box being the likely one ... :nooidea:

Jed Baxter

Registered
What i have seen at garden centers and the like i know i can make better, the prices that these places charge is a joke. To answer your question , no i haven't made any. :ciggrin:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I bought a tool from a local guy on ebay, when i went to his place to pickit up we got talking, he was a retired woodworker who had worked for the local council as a contractor. He was into making bird boxes, boxes that he sold for £30 each. They looked fantastic, but it isnt for me. :bwink:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I remeber seeing one but I don't remember where or I would go and have a look now.
It was obviosley turned from a log on a bigger lathe that I have but I do remember varveling at the workmanship that had gone into it.
I lifted the lid to see how it was made but it was full of fag butts so quickly shut it again.
I have just remembered its at the Eagle pub in Wakefield and I think I had best stay away from there but if you want to see it thats where you will find it.
On the pillar at the entrance.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Thanks guys, i was thinking of making one for the mrs, i saw how she was giving the one at the garden center a good looking over. :devil: Her birthday is coming up shortly. :devil::devil:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Not a bird box but Ihave a wren making a nest in the ivy next to my old shed door it a really small bird.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).