• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Another "other" Sycamore bowl

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Virtually the same as yesterdays, but this one has no foot.

Syc sans.JPG

Syc sans1.JPG

Syc sans2.JPG

Syc sans3.JPG

Yesterday's and today's...

Syc sans5.jpg

The bowls are the same shape and size, apart from the foot!

Disregarding Grain etc, any preferences for one or the other?

Jim

Grand Master
Two super bowls Neil, but if pushed i would also go with the footless one .. :bwink: Beautiful wood may i add .. :thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Neil another nice bowl. Both have there merits. The one with the foot helps to rise the bowl and also this is the one I personally prefer mainly for the different grain patterns in it

Paul

Fellow
I like the footless one technically to admire the consistency of shape and smooth finish. But the footed one shows the overall form off. To be fair both damn marvellous

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Thanks for all your comments guys, all very helpful.
Sorry for my sparse replies to stuff, cream crackered at the mo!
Exam season at the school, and trying to sort the fund raiser day also, on top of my turning / woodworking commitments!
Regards,
Neil

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Neil the first ie the left bowl with a foot gives it an opportunity to be seen all the way giving it prescence IMHO the right hand one is beaut and every bit as useful and lovely. Both press the right buttons mate. More pics of the footless indicated this might be a preference.

Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).