• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My kit

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I have been made some very generous offers n the short time I have been here.
Locals I have met in the Police station where I work have dropped in all kinds of stuff for my new hobby.
Here is the kit I perloined from my former employer, I may end up the owner or not as the case may be.
He owes me 3 weeks wages so I don't think I have been unfair on him, I worked hard for him.

Buy Jet JWL-1220 Woodturning Lathe from Axminster, fast delivery for the UK
Buy Proxxon MBS 240/E Micro-Bandsaw from Axminster, fast delivery for the UK
Buy Jet JDP-8 Bench Top Pillar Drill from Axminster, fast delivery for the UK

PLus some drill bits and chisels with this kit.

Thank you all for being so generous but I must remember iit may only be a short term thing.
Also its not my house and I don't want to overun the people who live here.

Hope I am allowed to show these links, don't want to upset anyone one my first night here.

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Thanks for the comments, two months ago I didn't even know there was such a thing as a hobby lathe.
When my ex boss showed me to this machine I thought I was going to be sewing with it..
I knew about the pillar drill as I have seen one before but never had seen a bandsaw that small.
I had always been kept away from machinary in the Army because I am so clumsy, A shovel was as delicate as I had ever done until now.
I really am not talented in any way but i am dogged in determination and know what I like to see.
I have done so much reading in the past few weeks I think I have an Idea of how to do most things I want to do at the moment.
Practice practice practice and loving every second of it.

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Thanks for the tip Mr Buff but at that price it would have to be a library job.
As well as being a novice turner I am also new to this internet lark and marvelling at the largest library in the world here.
There is just so much info on here its incredible and youtube is brilliant for how to's.
And forums and Google and stuff and I don't let my mate have a look in on his laptop.
Might have to buy my own soon.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).