• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Beech Bowl

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Just finished a beech bowl today, well I finished the turning yesterday but did not finish until this afternoon after the postie brought me a new toy to play with namely a Chestnut polishing kit. I was pretty pleased with the finish for a first attempt at using it, maybe I will improve with age:mooney2:

Attachments

• DSCF3226.jpg
    DSCF3226.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF3227.jpg
    DSCF3227.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 41

Matt

Registered
Nice bowl there, not tried the Chestnuts polishing kit but it's on my "must have" list..... Funnily enough I've never quite got round to showing my other half that particular list :funny:

Jim

Grand Master
Great looking Bowl Derek, you can see the nice finish very clearly my friend .. :thumbs:

Can you please tell me where you got the polishing kit from, and a review would be great after you have used it a few times my friend .. :wink:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Thanks guys.
My initial findings after only one bowl found it easy to set up and use. I will be using it some more in the future so will let you know when I have had a good play with it. You can get it from Turners Retreat Chestnut Polishing Kit

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thats one nice bowl Derek love the shape it is so well formed in fact I would say a perfect shape and a very nice finish

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).