• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Do you give a guarantee with your pens?

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
We all have pen making in common, but do you give a guarantee when you sell one? I usually do, but i have only sold the odd one, so i have had no come backs. :ciggrin:

trapper

Registered
Well I try to sell most of the ones I make. Legally here in the UK they must be fit for purpose when delivered so yes in the sense of transmissions etc. Although if one of those fails its almost impossible to remove a transmission without destroying the rest of the pen. So far I have never had a comback I've had the odd bad refill etc but thats not exactly a major problem the one concern I do have is the quality of some of the plating used by some of the kit manufacturers....... paticularly 24ct gold plate which seems very weak in terms of wear resistance.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
trapper, i have my own pen using silver parts of the slimline this also is not very resilient to weathering. :rolling:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I have not been doing this long enough to comment but I do have a Roman Harvest sold if I can ever get it good enough to sell.
I also have a lot of interest from the civi staff at the station
I think maybe it is something that should be considered if I am going to take money from these poor innocent victims.
I had thoughts of saying something along the lines of: "It's all an unknown quantity until someone has used it for some time so I can't guarantee anything, but will do my best to replace or repair if anything fails within a reasonable amount of time."
Then argue about what that reasonable amount of time might be.:mooney2:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).