• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Would you be confident enough to do a demonstration?

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I know most of us here are pretty new to to turning, but would you be confident enough to demonstrate your work. This also goes to you lads with more experience as well. :nooidea:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Blimey there's a thought and something I could make a real hash of, show you how clumsey I am.
What would you like to see?:roflmao:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I probably could do a one to one or a one to two but definitely not a roomful. Apart from having the skills you have to have the gift of the gab!!! I once did a talk for 15 minutes to a class and it was the longest 15 minutes of my life!!!
regards
Terry:down:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I probably could do a one to one or a one to two but definitely not a roomful. Apart from having the skills you have to have the gift of the gab!!! I once did a talk for 15 minutes to a class and it was the longest 15 minutes of my life!!!
regards

They say you have 15 minutes of fame relim. :devil:

trapper

Registered
yeah sure...... mind you Iknow a good makeup artist and theatrical designer, joking aside take pride in your work after all you did it dont be shy of other peoples taste just strive to deliver all the best elements within you and transfer it to your item anyone who wants to demean that aint got the guts to try themselves.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Apart from having the skills you have to have the gift of the gab!!!

iagree1-1.gif

I could show one or two people at a time max, a crowd noway :nonono:

Jim

Grand Master
You have to remember Terry, that they nothing about turning, so my finished lump of wood is a masterpiece to them ... :whistling: (And me) :ciggrin:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Funny, I actually thoguht about approaching the local adult education crowd to see if hey wanted to consider a penturning class. My turning is probably not good enough, but like Jim I suspect the people who sign up wont know a skew from a crowbar. I used to lecture in a previous life, so the talking is no problem.

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I sold 4 pens to a lady at work a couple of weeks on the proviso that I show her how its done and let her make one herself. Not sure if I'm looking forward to it. Not being sexist of course.

keith

trapper

Registered
mm
er I will happily show any lady how to spin up a pen :devil: as for the rest I did a couple of tutorial style lectures for a local craft class. Yep even got paid for it but the hassle....... pat testing of everything that even looked electrical proof of public liablility insurance........... they even tried to make me wear a hard hat safety googles and face mask......... heck dont even need that when I talk to the bank manager:funny:

Jim

Grand Master
mm
er I will happily show any lady how to spin up a pen :devil: as for the rest I did a couple of tutorial style lectures for a local craft class. Yep even got paid for it but the hassle....... pat testing of everything that even looked electrical proof of public liablility insurance........... they even tried to make me wear a hard hat safety googles and face mask......... heck dont even need that when I talk to the bank manager:funny:

Typical of the UK's health and safety policies Steve ... :rolling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).