• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pattern techniques

kjmc1957

Registered
Hi All

This may be a dafter question that it sounds to me, and I'm asking it!

I'm just about ready to put colour into acrylic to cast some blanks and it occured to me that even on the many many YouTube vids no one talks about how to get an agreeable pattern, I've seen a number of implements stuck into tubes of mix and the pattern comes out randomly, does anyone have a "working technique or implement" to get repeatable-ish patterns.....slow left hand twist as the mixer is removed, small up and down circles as the mixer is removed etc...is it imporant or am I just being an OCD bottomvoid??

Humour me, it's in my nature

Regards

Kevin

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).