• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Newbie alert

Graham

First Name
Graham
Hi all, just saying hello. I have only been turning for a couple of weeks and haven't had a go at pens yet but they are on my to do list.

How many posts do I have to have before I can upload an avatar ?
Regards
Graham
<edit> Ahhh, just found out :)

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Welcome Graham to what is a rather unconventional forum. no idea on the avatar question, probably about five but Jims the boss, hell let you know

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Welcome Graham.
2444 posts on UK Workshop is a lot for someone turning for a couple of weeks!:bwink:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hi Graham welcome to the fold...you will learn lots on here but unfortunately you will go mad in the process of doing so:bwink:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Graham forgot to say that when you get around to turning your first pen everyone on here is very knowledgeable and can answer any questions you may have

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome Graham.

When you've got 100 posts, you get your first treatment free. Its very calming but doesn't last long :-)

500 posts and you get the English/Grump Dictionary.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Thanks for the welcome everyone.
UKW does more than turning, I take it you are on there as well ?

I was being slightly more than facetious Graham!
You are most welcome!

I am a member of UKW, and the AWGB, though rarely post, commitments elsewhere.
I can guarantee you will have a good time here, but beware the nutters in green!:funny::funny:

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Graham, are you sure you want to turn some pens .. :whistling: We were all sane before we started turning them .. :winking:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Welcome to the forums Graham, are you sure you want to turn some pens .. :whistling: We were all sane before we started turning them .. :winking:

i am still sane :eeeeek::funny::funny:

one tip the most important tool a pen turner can have it a chain saw with a >36" bar :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
i am still sane :eeeeek::funny::funny:

You are joking... Anyway, when did the welcome from the youngest member on the forum get forgot about?:tongue:

Welcome to the mad house, watch out for any of them that are not in black, any other colour stand at arms length..

Anyway Graham, we can forgive you for going on another forum first, just to wet your appetite for greatness. You have finally arrived..:funny:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
You are joking... Anyway, when did the welcome from the youngest member on the forum get forgot about?:tongue:

Welcome to the mad house, watch out for any of them that are not in black, any other colour stand at arms length..

Anyway Graham, we can forgive you for going on another forum first, just to wet your appetite for greatness. You have finally arrived..:funny:

i am not the youngest any more :noman::banghead::oldman::oldman::sadmo::pig::monkon::duh:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).