• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

CA glue

Jim

Grand Master
I run at 500rpm Terry, but keep the paper towel on the move .. To fast and you will run into problems for sure. :bwink:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
But medium on my little lathe, cause it is a pain in the butt changing the belt.
50 to 100 rpm on my big lathe. Variable speed is so good.

I did put a thick coat of thick CA on a blank once and left it turning at 3000 rpm and answered the phone came back and it looked like Stalactites had grown out of it. :goesred::down::whistling:

trapper

Registered
I agree with Jim on this 3-500rpm is fine......... I also use an old surgical glove when controlling the paper not sure if it does anything just svea me picking ca an paper dust of my fingers probably

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I have done this several times myself, all with low speeds. Even with a low speed i had build up? :whistling:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Help me please somebody, I would really love to see this video.
Where the hell is it?

Just move back up this page to where Jim has posted a comment and you'll see "how I apply 20 coats thin coats of CA glue" in a balloon. Just click on those words and it will take you to the video!!!!!!!
Regards
Terry:thumbs::thumbs:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Thanks guys but that takes me to Timberbits page with a black square in it.
I think that's where the clip should be but it isn't happening for me. :nonono:
I'll have to get my mate to have a look at this laptop.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).