• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Cue-tips

TK woodman

Graduate Member
First Name
Tony
Hi All

I've just registered on the forum and this is my first post!!

If you are like me, on an extremely limited budget, then you'll always be looking for opportunities for free wood. With this in mind, I asked my local working men's club for any broken snooker cues they may have. As a result they gave me quite a few and the really old ones have some beautiful exotic hardwoods at the butt end and have made some beautiful pens. Unfortunately they have proved very popular so I don't have one to take a photo of, but as soon as I've made the next one, I'll post the pic up to show you.

Has anyone else used the butt of a snooker cue in this way??

Paul

Fellow
Welcome TK. I'm new too I'm afraid and you haven't had the other post yet, as you might have just started a stampede down the local snooker clubs. Luckily for surrey Alex is too young to enter the clubs, he's just 17.

Great idea, looking forward to a picture on the next ones.

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Tony, never made a pen from one my friend .. Look forward to seeing you post up the next one you make .. :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Has anyone else used the butt of a snooker cue in this way??
Yep and smaller cues for use in corners, and they make a good walking stick / cane.
Bar stools also make a good selling pen at the boozer, in fact any pub furniture makes pens for the punters init?
Welcome to our laugh in.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Welcome TK. I'm new too I'm afraid and you haven't had the other post yet, as you might have just started a stampede down the local snooker clubs. Luckily for surrey Alex is too young to enter the clubs, he's just 17.

But not the youngest on here by far!!!

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex

Great idea, looking forward to a picture on the next ones.

but i would just send a friend in :thumbs::thumbs:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Welcome to the mad house Tony, you will meet most of the crazy gang in the next few posts (and of course the earlier ones) any questions ask away and they will sort you out :rolling:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Yep, heard of doing them before but never bothered doing any myself tho..

Join in the banter and never listen to anyone that isn't black.. Anyone else are loons..... Honestly.. Let me out this straight jacket now.. :face:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum, it would be nice to see one of your cue pens.

Peter

scouseroy

Graduate Member
First Name
Roy
Welcome Tony this is the place to be for info, tips ,talent and a bit of insanity
great idea about the cues!! I'm off to the pub ,only to check for broken furniture of course!!!

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome to the nut house for patients that are far to insane for mainstream treatment. Now then you've only just started and in your very first post threw a new idea into the mix, I'm amazed at how many ideas that come up on a regular basis that I haven't seen before. Come on in and tell me more.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Welcome TK you will like it here....pens out of snooker cues eh ! Are they not a bit ungainly to write with ???:tongue:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Welcome Tony I'm sorry you have been subject to such childish behaviour just take care who you mix with there all barking mad well most of them are there are just a few of us that are normal I'm sorry to say but facts is facts Wilma that bloody parrot has sh*t on my shoulder again no doc not more pills I dont want to go back get that man in the white coat boys

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Welcome Tony, have fun here mate it's not so bad as it looks honest :banana: never heard of anyone using those snooker bats as pens before!:nooidea:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).