• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New to the forum

tomredmayne

Apprentice Member
First Name
Tom
Good afternoon folks. My name is Tom and, after much pleading from young Ed, I have signed up as a member of the forum. I live in North Lincolnshire, close to the coast and must admit that I do not woodturn or make pens but have a habit of collecting any odd pieces of wood that I think Ed might be able to use in his pen-making. I am the one that sent him over the sea buckthorn after so much of it was ripped from the dunes after the December tidal surge last year. I did make crooks and walking sticks a few years ago, all hand-carved, so have some affinity with wood and how it is worked.

Anyway, I am looking forward to being around, seeing some of the work done and helping out if I can. Oh, and keeping Ed in check is always something that needs doing........:bwink:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Welcome to the madhouse Tom, any friend of Ed's is a friend of Ed's init?
I would love to see any crooks you may have hanging around, my ol dad used to say I was a crook.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome Tom, I look forward to seeing some of your stuff and you never know you may just become crazy enough to start turning pens.

Whats the difference between a crook and a crannie?

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Glad to see you made it then ....now go an' ID those twigs that Paul put up:mooney2:.

tomredmayne

Apprentice Member
First Name
Tom
Thanks guys. The crooks and sticks are long gone now as they were all commissions; some even strangling sheep in Australia now. The only crook now is the one who asked me to join the forum.:love_it:

I will keep picking up the wood when I find it and post up any nice bits before I send it on its way to Lancashire.:thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I will keep picking up the wood when I find it and post up any nice bits before I send it on its way to Lancashire.

That'l be good then we can see them before they get butchered init?
:mooney2::mooney2:
You know I love you init Ed,:love_it:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Welcome Tom, I look forward to seeing some of your stuff and you never know you may just become crazy enough to start turning pens.

Whats the difference between a crook and a crannie?

Nook and crannire Paul, nook and crannie.:rolling::tongue:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum Tom.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).