• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pseudo segmenting

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Wanted to have a go at segmenting for a while now but never had the guts to start out but that changed today ..well sort of!
I had a couple of bits of Black Camo acrylic which I wanted to put on to a Bolt Action kit .Disaster struck when I blew the end off the largest piece while drilling, making the remainder too small. Just before chucking it across the garden in the direction of the cake lady (as if I dare !!!) I thought I would try sticking the two remaining pieces together.... a sort of pseudo segmentation and it worked !!! I'll strip it down eventually (when I get fed up of admiring it). Segmenting here I come. :banana::banana::banana:

Attachments

• P1010204.JPG
    P1010204.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 56
  • P1010197-1.JPG
    P1010197-1.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 56

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Quite right Terry, segmenting lessons from the Ed on the way init?
Well done Ed see it don't hard do it?
Just a bit of confidence and you can do anything jew remember the song "High Hopes" Good ol Frankie init?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Ed I am glad you had a bust out because it sent you in a new direction but to avoid it happening again cut your blank to long and dont exit when drilling then cut the bottom of to size cast polyester and brittle pen blanks can be a pig to drill and will quite often bust open as the drill makes its exit

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Ed I am glad you had a bust out because it sent you in a new direction but to avoid it happening again cut your blank to long and dont exit when drilling then cut the bottom of to size cast polyester and brittle pen blanks can be a pig to drill and will quite often bust open as the drill makes its exit

Now that's a great tip !

One of those things that's bloody obvious AFTER someone tells you :funny:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Nice one Ed! :thumbs: welcome to the world of very small pieces of wood, or acrylic. Time to fire up the bandsaw and buy more glue eh mate? :wink:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Ed there is nothing to be scared of with segmenting, just do it and enjoy it. That's a nice pen by the way:funny:

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).