• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Transfer punch Mandrel.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Carrying on with the threaded slimline, I did mention previously that I am not keen on the center band being so small and that is the part that needs marking to keep everything in its correct layout.
Having already made up the first two of four as default pens I kept back the other two for experimental purposes and wanted to put a different belt on these.

But how? the first two were turned between center's as single pieces with the kit bushes and belt, I cant do that if I want to change the belt I would need to make new bushes in different sizes or rely on judgement to get as near as I can with a gauge of some sort.
Not having a 5mm mandrel for these to go onto my obvious answer is to make my own and the least flexible thing I have at 5mm is my transfer punches so I'll use that.
It fits so snug in diameter that's fine but the length just pokes out the end, not enough to get a purchase on with a chuck but enough to stop the tailstock from entering the bush, what I now need is a spacer, that lightbulb moment makes me look around my shed to find the bits I need to make a center spacer bush of the correct size for my belt init?
A quick measure up tells me that I need 10mm and a gnats cock as my spacer, the bushes measure 5mm and a tea grout each, so my outer sleeve needs to be 20mm plus a fag paper and spot of ash.
Found a bit of 12mm bar so that dictates my outer diameter of the belt drill 25mm ish into the end and tap it.

P1080229.JPG

Next I very precisely measure my threaded stud to exctly 10mm and a gnats cock and cut it, saw a screwdriver slot in the end and drill it at 5.1mm, actually I drilled 5mm and needle filed it to fit.

P1080230.JPG

A spot of thick CA in the middle of the sleeve thread and screw my spacer into it until it touches a bush inserted at the other end, allow to set and voila we have our pen mandrel and belt bush between centers init?

P1080232.JPG

Getting dark by this time so you'll have to wait to see the end result.

Jim

Grand Master
Great result Brian, amazing what can be found useful in a shed when needed .. :thumbs:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Grump you lost me half way through the first paragraph..but looking forward to seeing the finished article.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Well done Brian,does the job and a good idea too!

''10mm and a gnats cock'' My calipers don't have this increment though :ciggrin:

You need to old enough to understand those measurement matt. 1 gnats cock = 2 smigdeons.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I understood what you were on about Brian... probably, it would be more understandable though in chinese. :funny:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I understood what you were on about Brian... probably, it would be more understandable though in chinese. :funny:

Oh blimey here we go again init?
转让冲床芯棒。
账面上的螺纹超薄,我以前没提,我并不热衷于中央带这么小的,那就是需要打把一切都在其正确的布局的一部分。
在已经由前两个四为默认钢笔我不停地回了另外两个用于实验目的,并希望把不同的传送带上这些。

怎么会呢?前两个是中心的单件与套件灌木丛和皮带之间转身,我不能这样做,如果我想改变的皮带,我需要不同的尺寸,使新的灌木丛或依靠判断得到尽可能接近,我可以带某种类型的测量仪。
由于没有采用5mm芯轴为这些去到我的答案很明显,就是让我自己和最不灵活的东西我为5mm是我传递的拳,所以我会使用它。
它适合这样舒适的直径,这很好,但长度刚好戳了年底,还不足以让购买与卡盘,但足以进入丛林停止尾座,我现在需要的是一个垫片,该灯泡瞬间使我环顾我的棚子找到我需要的正确大小我带初始化的中心间隔衬套的位?
快速测量了告诉我,我需要10毫米和蚊蚋公鸡,我的垫片,灌木丛测量5mm至茶每灌浆,所以我的外套需要为20mm加上fag进口纸和灰斑。
搜了一下为12mm栏,以便决定带钻25毫米十岁上下的我的外径成末,然后点击它。

产品名称: P1080229.JPG
浏览次数: 20
大小: 144.3 KB

接下来,我非常精确地衡量我的螺纹螺柱exctly 10毫米和蚊蚋的公鸡,切,锯螺丝刀插槽中端和5.1毫米钻吧,其实我钻5mm至针提起它适合。

产品名称: P1080230.JPG
大小: 214.6 KB

厚厚的CA在袖子线的中间即期和螺丝垫片我把它,直到它接触的另一端插入衬套,允许设置,瞧,我们有中心之间的init本笔芯轴和带灌木?

产品名称: P1080232.JPG
大小: 128.6 KB

天快黑了这个时间,所以你必须等待,看看最终的结果。

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
so my outer sleeve needs to be 20mm plus a fag paper and spot of ash.

So the only thing that I was not sure about is the fag paper, did you use the swan vesta brand or a cheapy one as there is a breath of fresh air difference between them:devil::devil::devil::roflmao:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I only ever use RIZLA Silver the thinnest available today, sad to say the fag ash fell of so I had to recalculate.
I split a hair with SWMBO which was a gnats cock too thin so ended up using a frayed end which was about right.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
For those who don't getting it this may explain better.

P1080241.JPG

And this is how it all fit together.

P1080246.JPG

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).