• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Compressor

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
The replacement compressor came and I was impressed. They had put the compressor in a box that was the right size and then put that into a box with about 2" all round, held in place with expanded polystyrene. Plus the nice people at SIP sent me another 5 piece extras kit, if they had phoned me to arrange a day when to pick up the broken comp. i was going to ask if I should also send back the Extras kit, but they didn't and neither did I, so unless they come for it, it's mine.:thumbs:

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
The replacement compressor came and I was impressed. They had put the compressor in a box that was the right size and then put that into a box with about 2" all round, held in place with expanded polystyrene. Plus the nice people at SIP sent me another 5 piece extras kit, if they had phoned me to arrange a day when to pick up the broken comp. i was going to ask if I should also send back the Extras kit, but they didn't and neither did I, so unless they come for it, it's mine.:thumbs:

Peter

I'm glad you've got the right thing at the end of the day Peter and got some compensation too :thumbs:

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
We'll done Peter, it's nice to hear of a happy ending now and then, are the 'extras' going on fleabag then? Lol.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
We'll done Peter, it's nice to hear of a happy ending now and then, are the 'extras' going on fleabag then? Lol.

When I was looking on ebay there were loads of the SIP extra bits in unopened boxes, it seems that SIP must be sending broken compressors to everyone and everyone doesn't send their extras back:funny::funny:

It would be nice to think that I would put them on ebay, but I know I would never get around to it, and they will collect dust unless I break some of the originals which I am unlikely to use anyway apart from the air-line.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Good to hear that all is solved and that you have come off the better on this occasion Peter .. :winking:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I pumped it up to 80psi yesterday and it is still there today so no leaks.
SIP_COMP copy.jpg
Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Why is nothing ever straightforward? I just came to connect the compressor air-line to the compressor and the air-line needs a fitting to connect, the connector on the compressor is a quick couple connector SIP don't put a fitting in with the 5 piece Air accessory kit that will fit the compressor so now I have to try and find out what kind of connector is needed as the one I bought at Isacc Lords doesn't fit the compressor and the manual for what it is worth doesn't say either:rant::rant::rant:

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Try Machine Mart Peter they stock connectors.:thumbs:

Yes, but which one, there are quite a few types, I know it's not the one I have:sob:

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Doesn't the one on the compressor unscrew??:thinks:

Yes it does, if I take the cowling off to be able to get a spanner on it, it's probably better that I buy a quick coupler the same as I have for the pressure pot at least it will all be standardised.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).