• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Some other pens

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Here is a couple of other pens made this week

DSCF8448.JPG

This was given to me by woody some time ago

DSCF8449.JPG

one of rowdys blanks

DSCF8452.JPG

another of rowdys

DSCF8458.JPG

and on from turners retreat

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wow look at them pictures, this place has become as much a photography forum as a pen turners, with some stunning results.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
All nicely finished and presented Alex, just not sure about the first one.. Nothing wrong with what you have done with it, just not my taste..

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Wow look at them pictures, this place has become as much a photography forum as a pen turners, with some stunning results.

Had a lesson with a pro for free so he told me were i was going wrong

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
There are plenty of other products mate, next week there will be another must have cos its the best.
I am happy with with none of em.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Yep I like shiney and that gets it shiney enough for me. I have a rouge wheel if I wanna go mad and I certainly ain't wasting dosh on more stuff while I don't got a job init?
What happened to this marvelous stuff Walter was handing out, that died a death didn't it I still have teeth to brush so I buy toothpaste init?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Very nice Alex just let them ol codgers gabble on you did well mate turning, finishing and your pics love em all

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Alex this presentation could be your finest loved the pens re the first one my carry pen I could have sold umpteen of is from similar material and its a mongrel to turn harder than with the glues used, they sure get attention. Whatever you use (far too much emphasis on what IMHO) your pens are magnificent presenting a very high standard.

Peter.:thumbs::goesred:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
HeHe just seen my typo just in case anyone was looking up rogue wheel they would get some fancy sport car thing.
Should have been rouge wheel.
Here's a couple of links for those who may be interested in or anyone thinking of getting a buffing setup, they explain a bit about which compounds do what and what they contain.
When they say bench grinder I am not entirely sure they mean the Sealey cheapo type as they do spin what I regard as too fast and can burn what you are polishing.
You don't need a great deal of speed or pressure depending on the size of the wheel, I use 3 x 6inch wheels from course to soft on a lathe at 500rpm ish and can polish just about anything I use on it.

Jewelers Rouge & Polishing Compound Chart - PJ Tool

buffing tips

And if you want really shiney and spend lots of dosh.
Chrome Rouge Buffing Wheel Bar Compounds

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
HeHe just seen my typo just in case anyone was looking up rogue wheel they would get some fancy sport car thing.
Should have been rouge wheel.
Here's a couple of links for those who may be interested in or anyone thinking of getting a buffing setup, they explain a bit about which compounds do what and what they contain.
When they say bench grinder I am not entirely sure they mean the Sealey cheapo type as they do spin what I regard as too fast and can burn what you are polishing.
You don't need a great deal of speed or pressure depending on the size of the wheel, I use 3 x 6inch wheels from course to soft on a lathe at 500rpm ish and can polish just about anything I use on it

Jewelers Rouge & Polishing Compound Chart - PJ Tool

buffing tips

And if you want really shiney and spend lots of dosh.
Chrome Rouge Buffing Wheel Bar Compounds

Thanks Brian,

So many words of wisdom in there for me.

Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).