• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

All my first Turnings

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I was looking for some Sedona kits that I am sure I have and I came across a large box of the very first turning I made. I had been given a lathe with no bore in the headstock and a minimum speed of 750. I bought some cheap tools from ebay and when they scared me enough I bought some better ones. Most of the work was left in an unfinished state as I didn't know how to finish them and thought I would revisit them once I was proficient enough. I remember my wife complained about them being all over the house and I thought she had dumped them, but she had put them away in a box or it seems two boxes one of which I haven't come across. I'm not sure I want to really. I remember I joined the club so that I could find out how to sort the bottom of boxes, bowls etc. A bit of nostalgia seeing them:thumbs:

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
No, I have no problem with showing piccies but I don't have time to take them at the moment, tomorrow I'm out all day at a woodturning seminar and if I get time next week I will shoot them.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Shoot them? Are they that bad? Give them to Alex he can put them on the range and use them for target practice.
He can have a lot of mine too.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Shoot them? Are they that bad? Give them to Alex he can put them on the range and use them for target practice.
He can have a lot of mine too.

I already thought they were dead. I have only just resurrected them, if I wanted them to die I would take them out into my mates woods and do the deed myself. They may be pretty bad, but I am quite proud that I produced them without any guidance, if I had taken some lessons then maybe they would all be finished, I learned a lot:thumbs:

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I already thought they were dead. I have only just resurrected them, if I wanted them to die I would take them out into my mates woods and do the deed myself. They may be pretty bad, but I am quite proud that I produced them without any guidance, if I had taken some lessons then maybe they would all be finished, I learned a lot:thumbs:

Peter
Only joshing with you mate, I would really like to see them. It is a great thing to find something like that and get the opportunity to tidy it or simply display it as a first.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).