• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My new ride

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I have found my perfect vehicle for wood collection

DSCF8478.JPG

DSCF8491.JPG

DSC_0560.jpg

well it perfect it weighs 32 tonnes has a 15 tonne lift capacity it can pull 25 tonnes on front and rear winches but if you add a snatch block you can take it to 50 tonnes it got a 10.5 liter auto diesel and it a drop in the ocean at £700,000 then i am going to get a trailer for the back :devil::devil::devil:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
You are going to need a bigger paper round if you are saving for that:kiss:

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That is big, but... This is really big. I used to work on this and its sister barge the SSCV Balder. It can lift 13,000 tons and I used to run around the decking which was 1/2 mile. there are 26 flights of steps from the bilge to the deck and then a shed load more to get to the bridge. Unfortunately it would be difficult to get it to a woodland but one interesting fact about wood... when piling, the hammer of which the travelling part weighed 300tons had wood between it and the pile. Someone counted the strokes when it was working because if it went over a certain amount it would explode. the wood I seem to remember was Green Heart, whatever that is.

Unfortunately the piled 24hrs when they needed too and the diving chambers were on the stern, exactly where the hammer was. Imagine being in a chamber with a constant mmmmmmmm..... BANG, mmmmmmmmmmm.... BANG.

Attachments

• hermod.jpg
    hermod.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 44

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
That is big, but... This is really big. I used to work on this and its sister barge the SSCV Balder. It can lift 13,000 tons and I used to run around the decking which was 1/2 mile. there are 26 flights of steps from the bilge to the deck and then a shed load more to get to the bridge. Unfortunately it would be difficult to get it to a woodland but one interesting fact about wood... when piling, the hammer of which the travelling part weighed 300tons had wood between it and the pile. Someone counted the strokes when it was working because if it went over a certain amount it would explode. the wood I seem to remember was Green Heart, whatever that is.

Unfortunately the piled 24hrs when they needed too and the diving chambers were on the stern, exactly where the hammer was. Imagine being in a chamber with a constant mmmmmmmm..... BANG, mmmmmmmmmmm.... BANG.

Is the golf ball for size comparison ?

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
She looks good and strong Alex. Bit of a bugger to get through the car wash at morrisons though:funny::funny:

That is one thing the guys driving it said about it a pig to wash we recommended they take it to the Asda hand car wash

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Looks the dogs danglies Alex.. But you have only just passed you car test, don't you think you need to get a grips with that first..

But if you do go ahead then let us know on here and I for one will stay in the cave... :devil:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Looks the dogs danglies Alex.. But you have only just passed you car test, don't you think you need to get a grips with that first..

But if you do go ahead then let us know on here and I for one will stay in the cave... :devil:

well it easy to drive well it must be it got and automatic gear box

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).