• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Home of wood

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Any of are southern members going to the home of wood open day on the 1st of june?

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Get yourselves along their if you can, you will not be disappointed. I won't be able to get down on this occasion but I visited about 3 months ago and filled the back of my motor. They have some cracking deals on their wood and the quality is spot on. I have also brought a lot of timber from them through mail order and have always been pleased with what they have sent me. Paul and his dad Rob are both Woodturners and will make you very welcome.

Without doubt when I need to replenish some stock they will be my first Port of call.

:thumbs: Vic :thumbs:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Ye I am looking forward to it I am going to get 20 kg of there English elm as I have heard on the grape vine that it will be priced at £45 on the day

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I'm a Southerner but that a million miles away unfortunately so can't make it. I went to ISCA on Saturday and was disappointed how much he sells his wood for despite being told he was cheap by other people. Almost double the price that Yandles sells wood for in some cases.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I'm a Southerner but that a million miles away unfortunately so can't make it. I went to ISCA on Saturday and was disappointed how much he sells his wood for despite being told he was cheap by other people. Almost double the price that Yandles sells wood for in some cases.

From what I saw he really is not cheap he makes thing from his wood as well so he probably charges more as he know once it finish he could make more

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex

Also your a south westerner

Paul

Fellow
Rye's a good place to take the wife for a long weekend. 1066 country and a sandy beach.

Paul

Fellow
Ye I am looking forward to it I am going to get 20 kg of there English elm as I have heard on the grape vine that it will be priced at £45 on the day

Are they discounting a lot? Some of their bundles look great. Or is there more wood in the picture than one would get. Ni have no clue!

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Are they discounting a lot? Some of their bundles look great. Or is there more wood in the picture than one would get. Ni have no clue!

not sure i have only heard it on the grape vine so might be wrong

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
i will fit as much in as i can which will run out first space or money i think space i mean how much wood can you get for £900 :devil:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Hi All,
To clear up a few myths about Home of Wood open day I rang Paul with regards to what they have on offer.

His reply was basically that they themselves are Woodturners and the idea of the open day was to put on offer timber to fellow Woodturners at a reasonable price.

20 kg bulk buys of blanks will be available for £45 - £50.

2" - 3" - 4" boards will be available at prices that Woodturners can afford.

3/4" & 1" boards will be available at really cheap prices.

Spindles of all sizes will be available.

Vast amount of boards suitable for furniture making or cutting your own blanks.

They also have some very large blanks and some apple blanks that are more than likely the biggest available in the country.

A Big Bargain Bin of Blanks starting at 20p a go.

As I have previously stated I have no connection whatsoever with this company other than being a very very satisfied customer.

My only reason for posting about this company is that like most of you, finding a supplier of quality timber at prices that are not out of the window have been hard to find. I personally have sourced timber from suppliers all over the Country and have in the past paid some stupid prices, but fair enough for some decent timber. At Home of Wood I have found a supplier that supplies quality timber at a fair price bit most importantly cares about the service that they provide.

Cheers

Vic

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).