• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Jr Gent v Jr gent II

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
As discussed earlier in the Grump thread of tube sizes on the Jr..

Well I purchased a Jr gent and a Jr Gent II from CSUSA to see what the difference was.
Gent was roller ball and Gent II was a fountain pen

Jr gent -

Small tube = 9.8mm
Large tube = 11.5
Jr gent.jpg
Plastic threads for cap

Jr Gent II

Small tube = 10.2mm
Large tube =12.25
Jr gent II.jpg
Steel threads for the cap

All in all the gent II feels a much better quality kit.

Now I know the gent II is a Daycom kit but I'm not sure of the make of the gent.. suspect it to be a PSI kit.

Just thought I would pass this info on as everyone calls the pens the same name but there are subtle differences in each supplier even if it is the same name..

Apologies for the quality of the pics... :sob: bit over expo...

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I would love to try the JG11. I have heard so much about it, especially the metal threads, but there is quite a price difference to the TB JG I believe, if Dan could get the JG11 I would buy them depending on price, which I know would be higher than I pay for the JG.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for that Eamonn, it is good to know that the Jr II is a much better kit .. What is the price difference for the kits my friend .. :nooidea:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
The quality of the J/G has slipped I was very disappointed in my last order that's why I changed to the Barron kit

Jim

Grand Master
The quality of the J/G has slipped I was very disappointed in my last order that's why I changed to the Barron kit

I just ordered Chrome Barons Woody, but stayed with the Gold JR kits .. :thinks:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Thanks for that Eamonn, it is good to know that the Jr II is a much better kit .. What is the price difference for the kits my friend .. :nooidea:
The JrG sells for $5.99

The JrG II sells from $11.70 to $19.90 depending on the plating selected Jim..

But to be honest the quality stands out.. The Rhodium is the top end plating but is a much nicer feel.

Hope this helps..

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
The JrG sells for $5.99

The JrG II sells from $11.70 to $19.90 depending on the plating selected Jim..

But to be honest the quality stands out.. The Rhodium is the top end plating but is a much nicer feel.

Hope this helps..

I always try to get Rhodium if I can, it is very durable.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Thanks for that Eamonn, I thought I had used my jnr gent 1 but while looking for a cigar for Ed earlier I found another 30 of the bleeders. and a dozen early Sierras with the slimmer tubes so I might be doing some more acrylic tube pens init?
Also I wondered where my Roman Harvest catchall had disappeared to, I was blaming George for nicking em but I found them too.
I have to admit I have never done a jnr gent 2 but that will change cos I like the look of them I think.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).