• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Home of Wood Open Day

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Hi All,
To clear up a few myths about Home of Wood open day I rang Paul with regards to what they have on offer.

His reply was basically that they themselves are Woodturners and the idea of the open day was to put on offer timber to fellow Woodturners at a reasonable price.

20 kg bulk buys of blanks will be available for £45 - £50.

2" - 3" - 4" boards will be available at prices that Woodturners can afford.

3/4" & 1" boards will be available at really cheap prices.

Spindles of all sizes will be available.

Vast amount of boards suitable for furniture making or cutting your own blanks.

They also have some very large blanks and some apple blanks that are more than likely the biggest available in the country.

A Big Bargain Bin of Blanks starting at 20p a go.

As I have previously stated I have no connection whatsoever with this company other than being a very very satisfied customer.

My only reason for posting about this company is that like most of you, finding a supplier of quality timber at prices that are not out of the window have been hard to find. I personally have sourced timber from suppliers all over the Country and have in the past paid some stupid prices, but fair enough for some decent timber. At Home of Wood I have found a supplier that supplies quality timber at a fair price bit most importantly cares about the service that they provide.

Cheers

Vic

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).