• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Just arrived from timberbits

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The VL150 arrived alignment accurate and firm in the lathe bed guides everything great. Lots to do to mount and control the lathe. Still on the front verandah.

Peter.:thumbs:

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 161

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Smart little machine there Peter, enjoy my friend. Don't forget to post pictures of projects when completed, please.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A very nice lathe Peter, I'm sure you'll have it up and running in no time at all.

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
You lucky devil Peter!! These are amongst the finest lathes around imho. Fair play mate
Bet you cant wait to have a play with that!:thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Nice!

If it's still on your veranda when we visit OZ later this year it just might find its way into my suitcase:whistling::wink:

Bob

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The verandah stage lasted for a while the lathe that day and with the help of Wilma she carried the lighter end it is now ensconced on my sit down bench bolted down in position, the motor pulley is steel and three speed a real piece of engineering the first of the VL,s had cast iron crumbly stuff with a six speed had to get the first one replaced. I need to check out my stash of motors cause the pulley size is 20mm and the motor I chose was 5/8 inch. I can make a sleeve in brass for it but the demands of domesticity have to be met for a few days. The new controller from Sydney the Company guy had to go to Brisbane for a couple of days so waiting for this, also means the redesign for the elaborate dust extraction different spacing and height etc because the belt fitted is designed to be used under the lathe directly I will make a platform to use the belt out the head of the headstock another task or two I never use two bolts where four wont do.

I am gobsmacked at the lathe bed to tail stock fit it is exceptional the point to point is exemplary, it is as solid as any bigger lathe and more engineered than any for its size, wow it ticks all the boxes, the shaft thread is 30 mm built like a tank. I am excited by it. Phoned David at Timberbits to say how thrilled I am with his service and the lathe, he was hit by the bad luck fairy again his communications were wiped out to his building a second time by a gantry passing by at Timberbits. My workshop resembles a steptoe and sons place of business. SWMBO remarked yesterday well you got your wish you have a great collection in so many places I am very happy for you.

Peter.:thumbs:

Bob when you come to visit the weather should have improved again and we can visit on the front verandah my neighbor two doors away has given me a lovely two seater unit to put out there the aspect is welcoming ready to receive you.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Damn good looking lady that you are showing us Peter .. I wish you nothing but happy turnings on it my friend and look forward to seeing some of the work that this beautiful lady will be producing ... :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I am looking to when I can get turning been going through a rough patch at 2.30 am this morning had a crisis situation for me just settling down now so measuring my activities having placed covers on machines for the time being.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).