• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

favorite wood blank & why

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
What wood/woods do you like best for blanks and why...I like Wenge Zebrano and bog oak I like Wenge for its dark grain.

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
I like any wood burl it don't really matter what species they all look great in the finished pen:ciggrin:

Jim

Grand Master
Any wood is fine by me, turned and finished they can all look good, but Burls are without doubt up there at the top of my list. :bwink:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
When did you all turn American and ruin Our Queens English Its a Burr in this country.
Like wise any Burr or any wood, plastic, horn, cowpat or anything else I can get my hands on and experinment with.

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Thats my fault I just like the word burl better so there:funny:Ive tried stepping in a cowpat with varied results never tried turning one .:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).