• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A small yew bowl with feet

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I had a visit from Stewart (Goulss) on Tue and he gave me some wood among them was a dirty ol yew log well I love Yew so today I couldn't resist it and this is the out come thank you Stewart it is a great bit of wood as you will see this one is a keeper enjoy I have cut up a Robinia log that Neil that's chunky Neil LOL gave me I got three more bowls and a vase blanks fun days ahead
DSCF0041.JPGDSCF0042.JPGDSCF0044.JPGDSCF0043.JPG

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thats a lovely bowl and yet again a good demonstration Woody. Thank you :thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
That is one lovely bowl like the shape, it certainly has character :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
This is a beauty for sure my friend .. And a big thanks for reminding us how you done those feet .. :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That is a class act and your photos are up there as well, are you happy with the background?

Peter

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
That's a lovely piece of Yew, and expertly turned and finished, as we'd expect from Woody :thumbs:
But why is it every time I look at this wonderful bowl do I think of "Udders" :rolling:

Goulss

Registered
First Name
Stewart
I am so pleased that you have found a use for that piece of wood, just shows you not to judge a book by its cover! Who would have thought that old log could turn into a thing of real beauty:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).