• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Trustone JR Gent

mattyts

Registered
Turning this was a nightmare,the cap split and cracked while drilling but managed to hold it together,a few parts popped out while turning but glued together..horrible stuff to turn IMO, took it steady with Woodys tool then a skew, 400 grit then 2k grit and finished with autosol, I recon it's one of the best I've turned,everything came together well,a good kit,everythings flush and a nice finish :thumbs:

P1000820_zpsded492f6.jpg

P1000822_zpsaf5d4f53.jpg

P1000821_zps0d415e64.jpg

It also photographs pretty nicely too, images are not cropped or edited,straight from SD card

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Got to get me some of that stuff I say that every time I see it a smart looking pen that worth top dollar

johnny5

Registered
Great looking pen, have turned trustone myself before and was not as bad as i thought.
Excellent work, i personally would have used a higher spec kit like a Sedona but a great looking pen and well made , well done

mattyts

Registered
Great looking pen, have turned trustone myself before and was not as bad as i thought.
Excellent work, i personally would have used a higher spec kit like a Sedona but a great looking pen and well made , well done

JR Gents,Sierras and slimlines are the only kits I use :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
That sure is a cracking pen Matty, maybe Trustone is a tough cookie to play with, but the end results are wonderful .. :thumbs:

Pete is the man for Trustone ... :thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Lovely pen! Beautifully turned:thumbs:

I have a couple of trustone blanks I bought a while ago but I keep picking them out then putting them back again. Can't decide what to make or summon the courage to actually do it.:goesred:

Bob

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
WOw! What a fantastic looking pen Matty, we'll worth the effort and no doubt the cursing and swearing. Good on ya mate.

johnny5

Registered
Excellent looking pen, worth the effort put into making it.
I have turned trustone and had major cracking/splitting issues which needed gluing and sanding,
Difficult to work with but u have to try it once , end result is great and what a relief when you finish it.
I made 2 sierras which sold straight away , i am left with a Sedona in White which I have forgotten about,
will get it out for my next craft fair.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A beautiful Pen Matt, well worth the work you've put into it. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).