• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Hi everyone, my name is Ray and I live in north Nottinghamshire. I started turning a couple of months ago after going on a 2 day course with a professional turner and I was bitten with the turning bug. I turn pens, bowls and costume jewellery. My wife does pyrography so I make things for her to put designs onto.

I joined the forum a couple of weeks ago and I've been reading the posts with interest, learning useful things. I look forward to hopefully making friends and learning more. :D

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Welcome Ray come in put your feet up and pour yourself a drink.
Get to know the loonys init?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Welcome Ray look forward to seeing some of your work they are a good crowd here in spite of some being as mad as a hatter

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Many thanks for the warm welcome. I've enjoyed reading the threads it's a good laugh :o I'll post some pics of my work in due course; I've yet to organise a proper setting to photograph items. So far I've been using my smartphone.

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Hi Ray, welcome to the forum. Some say its a bit of a nut house but its not really that sane at all. :funny:

Its a great forum to be on and nobody is frightened to show whatever it is they've made and you always get an honest opinion, not ridicule. I look forward to seeing some of the pics of things you've made.

Matt

Registered
Welcome Ray, you won't find a more friendly and supportive forum, even though most of the guys on here are nut jobs :funny:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Hi Ray & welcome to the forum, we look forward to seeing some of your work in the near future :thumbs:

In the meantime, jump right in & join in with the mayhem :banana: that is the forum :devil::devil:

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Ray .. I really don't know who all the nutters are that everyone mentions ... :whistling:

Good to have you here, looking forward to seeing some of your finished work my friend .. :thumbs:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hiya Ray welcome to the house of fun there are some great minds to pick on here ,then there's me !

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).