• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A Junior gents F/P dressed in brass

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
This is the last of my J/G kits it is all turned on a wood lathe with one of my home made carbide tools
DSCF0057.JPG

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Really like that one sir. Is the brass tube anything special i.e specially made for turning or is it bog standard tubing ?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Really like that one sir. Is the brass tube anything special i.e specially made for turning or is it bog standard tubing ?

It is just 19mm brass rod cut and drilled just the same as you would wood

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That's a really nice bit of work woody.

I must have a go at that. I have some hex rod gleaned from heaven knows where many moons ago:nooidea:

Bob
Go for it Bob they take a bit longer to do but well worth the effort

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
A lovely pen:thumbs:

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
That is a cracker Woody, was the Brass solid or did you need to weld the seems? :thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).