• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

pen turner

dougie001

Apprentice Member
First Name
douglas
Hi all I am retired now and live in YORK/ Yorkshire I am now retired and turn wood for a hobby also carve wood and sculpture wood I served my time as a fitter turner in the NORTH EAST ship yards on the Tyne in the 50s left ship yard into national service the put me in the royal army pay corp as a clerk after two years n/s entered Merchant Navy as a joiner engineer did 4th 5th 3rd 2nd left after 8years Opened slipper factory in Lancashire making slipper and clogs for Mail order company sold this out to my Manager in 1998 moved to YORK and opened a bakery built it up and sold out in 2004 I have been retired since !!!! I now sell pen kits from USA import some items to sell I am not in it to make big profits just to have an interest I have bullet pen kits @5.50 each the Churchill at 5.50 both with free bushes to get you started slim line at 2.10 each I do note t/b and others but hey there's room for us ALL I some times give freebies???:thumbs:

naxie

Registered
Welcome to the forum Dougie!:waver:

Sounds like youv'e had a busy life, hope your enjoying retirement and finding plenty of time for woodwork. :thumbs:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Welcome to the forum Doug :thumbs:

You certainly have packed a lot in to your life, I am sure the guys here would love to see some of your turning and carving, :thumbs:

Their a knowledgeable lot on here if a little crazy, :banana::banana::banana: I'm fairly new to this myself and the guys and gals here have been a great help.

With regards to the pen kits you have I have never done a Churchill but one of the guys sent me one, I will make it up in the week and see what I think of it, if I like it I may well be in touch about a few kits, are they available in fountain and rollerball :rolling:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Hi, and welcome. Now that's a better intro. Isn't it..

Thanks for sharing your life with us, that gives us all a better understanding of who you are and what we are dealing with.

You will find few loopy ex servicemen and women on here.:face:

And a few ex business men and women too. They are again far too loopy to do anything other than wind others up and take the p out of everyone.:thumbs:.

Anyway, thanks for your offerings, the only problem is that importing from over the pond gives us another hit on the importing costs for the uk..

If you imported direct from the manufacturers in Thailand, China or Japan then they would be more cost effective to sell on.. The other thing is that we can all import from USA so easily now a days so making a few bob on a kit means that we can buy them at the same price anyway.. But good luck.

Anyway, look forward to seeing your work and any offers that you have on the American imported pens..

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Welcome again Dougie Im glad you are back this is a great place to share stuff good luck mate Frankie.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hi Dougie ....great that you have joined us ..maybe we can chuck some business your way .:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).