• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Lurking Newbie Says Hello

solti

Hi All
I signed up a while ago and have been hanging, not signed in, really like the forum and the help people are willing to give each other. Time to say hello and say I want to make pens other than slim line and learn from other members. Lathe has been out of action due to leaking shed roof, now fixed. I am looking to build another shed 10 x 12 as my man cave and move lathe and other stuff into it from shed no.1 so any advice on pen turning, shed building and shed layout gratefully received. :thinks:
All the best Roy

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum Roy, enjoy.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Yep shed layout, and building I can help there, pour beer give wife tools get a chair and supervise her work.
Pen turning I can help there, draw all your money out of the bank, go to pub and spend it before give it all to tool shops and kit suppliers .
Welcome to the forums init?

Matt

Registered
Hi Roy, you will find lots of information on here. The search tool will answer lots of your queries but if you're still stuck then ask away :ciggrin:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Ho Roy and welcome you may as well come in and lock the door behind you there is no escaping now you are well and truly hooked new shed says it all mate enjoy your stay and start to show what you can do when you are up and running

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Roy, shed layout is important my friend, if you don't get it right you will end up re-shuffling .. Just like i did .. :thumbs:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Welcome to the forum Roy, they are an helpful crew here if a little bit on the weird and crazy side, many of them just don't take their medication when they should :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Ask away the answer will come thick & fast :thinks::thinks::thinks:

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Welcome to the forum Roy, they are an helpful crew here if a little bit on the weird and crazy side, many of them just don't take their medication when they should :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Ask away the answer will come thick & fast :thinks::thinks::thinks:

Oh thanks for reminding me Billy!:ciggrin:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Welcome to the forums Roy, shed layout is important my friend, if you don't get it right you will end up re-shuffling .. Just like i did .. :thumbs:

Oh b***er:duh: Isn't that what you're supposed to do? - I've been doing it again today

Welcome aboard Roy. Be careful, prolonged exposure to the forum turns you a funny colour!:winking:

Bob

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Allo Roy. I feel your pain with regards to leaky roofs and lathes, that's what killed my big lathe last year :sob:
Anyhow, a very warm welcome to you sir, enjoy!!:thumbs:

solti

Thanks to everyone for the great welcome :thumbs:

Shed is still in the theory stage, where I want to put it the ground slopes in 2 direction, so need to workout the best way to resolve that (cheapest is not always best)

Frankie I am in Uxbridge

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Shed is still in the theory stage, where I want to put it the ground slopes in 2 direction, so need to workout the best way to resolve that (cheapest is not always best)

I'm a builder. Might be able to offer advice if needed.

Bob

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).