• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Petition

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Jim, if this is not appropriate for the forum then please remove it but if not...

As most people know I'm passionate about birds of prey. With me its the birds first but have seen first hand the effects of anyone being able to buy a bird irrelevant of their knowledge and ability to look after one and would like some legislation to stop this.

Please sign the petition to bring in legislation to bring in licensing for falconers and breeders alike.

Falconry and birds of prey - e-petitions

Thanks

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Done for you mate. You know my thoughts on animals but I don't see the need to treat them cruelly either.
A swift kill is good enuff init?
In fact I am a great advocate of eat your pet, the only animals that should be kept are working animals, Guide dogs, sniffer dogs, guard dogs, mousing cats etc.
Example:
A neighbour has 4 dogs of differing breeds locked indoors barking all day while they are in the pub putting their dole money in the fruit machine, 2 cats that will only shit in my garden, a rabbit in a bedroom, 4 chickens a laying in the garden, and partridge in a pear tree.
My solution would be to kill the people and eat the animals.
Result, clean quiet household smell free, releasing funds back to the government and do the country a service but I would be the one to be punished for my good deed.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I too am staggered that no licence is needed. I love animals and have had them at different stages of my life, but I won't have one now as I am not willing to put in the time, effort and money into looking after them properly. You really have to be committed to animals or don't bother. If they made it a requirement to attend lessons for around 10 weeks at least a couple of evenings a week, then we would have less morons owning untrained and uncontrollable dogs.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Done for you mate. You know my thoughts on animals but I don't see the need to treat them cruelly either.
A swift kill is good enuff init?
In fact I am a great advocate of eat your pet, the only animals that should be kept are working animals, Guide dogs, sniffer dogs, guard dogs, mousing cats etc.
Example:
A neighbour has 4 dogs of differing breeds locked indoors barking all day while they are in the pub putting their dole money in the fruit machine, 2 cats that will only shit in my garden, a rabbit in a bedroom, 4 chickens a laying in the garden, and partridge in a pear tree.
My solution would be to kill the people and eat the animals.
Result, clean quiet household smell free, releasing funds back to the government and do the country a service but I would be the one to be punished for my good deed.

ha ha, you really do sit on the fence Brian :funny:

Thanks for the vote.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I too am staggered that no licence is needed. I love animals and have had them at different stages of my life, but I won't have one now as I am not willing to put in the time, effort and money into looking after them properly. You really have to be committed to animals or don't bother. If they made it a requirement to attend lessons for around 10 weeks at least a couple of evenings a week, then we would have less morons owning untrained and uncontrollable dogs.

Peter

I fully agree Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I forgot to vote, but have now done that. Where can I get a bird before I have to be licensed, I haven't got a shed to put them in, will a perch under the parasol on the garden table be okay and can I train them to pick up stray dogs and drop them at Brian's:devil:

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I forgot to vote, but have now done that. Where can I get a bird before I have to be licensed, I haven't got a shed to put them in, will a perch under the parasol on the garden table be okay and can I train them to pick up stray dogs and drop them at Brian's:devil:

Peter

Thanks Peter.

You can get them at birdsofpreyareus.co.uk. Depending on what size dog you want to pick up depends on what bird you need. A European Eagle Owl should do most though and their good fun to have around... a hoot!

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
So you get free manure delivered to your garden & they even dig it in for you......& you're still grumpy...... I don't know :funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

I would mind so much if they did dig it in but they don't and they particularly like to sit on and flatten my Drains plants and shit on them.
Ollible bastards they are, I have a super powered water pistol they don't like when i can catch em with it, one day it'll be the air rifle, would've been sooner but there don't no meat on when the fur is off.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I would mind so much if they did dig it in but they don't and they particularly like to sit on and flatten my Drains plants and shit on them.
Ollible bastards they are, I have a super powered water pistol they don't like when i can catch em with it, one day it'll be the air rifle, would've been sooner but there don't no meat on when the fur is off.

A bird of prey would certainly cure the problem of cats Brian :funny:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
A bird of prey would certainly cure the problem of cats Brian :funny:

That's right, they could drop all the stray dogs into your garden, you could eat the ones that don't survive, the rest will keep the cats out:funny:

Peter

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I can't believe that you don't need a licence to keep birds of Prey :nonono:
Signed the petition, but I think you will get less signatories as some may not want to enter their address

Jim

Grand Master
I am all for it my friend, signed, just waiting for my email conformation ..:thumbs:

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
Just signed and received my confirmation.
I have a close friend who keeps/breeds/shows birds of prey and he is licensed by various bodies including the local council.
They visit on a regular/random basis and ensure everything is to the book :thumbs:

take care
Don W

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).