• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Lucida Pen dressed in acrylic

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
A Lucida Pen dressed in Acrylic sanded to 600 grit and finished with Auto glym
DSCF0132.JPGDSCF0139.JPG

mattyts

Registered
I'll have to try it. I use a Mguires car paint scratch remover as the final step on acrylic and corian but I sand wet and dry to 12000 first.

Check that the polish you use is finer than the 12,000 abrasive you use,I've seen people sand to 12k then cut it back because the paste they used was 10k.

Jim

Grand Master
Love this blank Woody, you know i love plastic as well as wood as i believe there are markets for both .. This will not have to work hard to sell my friend .. :bwink:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A very nice pen Woody. Where are you going on holiday and who is going to take charge of Brians lead while you're away?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
A very nice pen Woody. Where are you going on holiday and who is going to take charge of Brians lead while you're away?

We are going on our first coaching holiday in Scotland to save me driving coach all the way there and a coach outing every day then back to the hotel for an evening meal and entertainment and the inevitable few jars

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Well that sounds good to me Woody, especially the bit about the few jars... Have a good time.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Whoo Hooo No dad No Terry. Can I misbehave now dad Can I, Can I , Please!!!!!!
Have a great time init?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).