• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

York Auction donations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Hi all.
Here is the spot to post any donations for the auction on the fundraiser day on the 16th August.
Please don't feel obliged to post, but if you do, I will be able to take commission bids from people who can't make it on the day, I'm sure there will be a lot of people who would like to own a piece of Sir Woody's work, which is a good job the way he's been knocking them out! Come August we can probably all have a piece each:funny:

I'll have to wait till Woody is back and I receive the donations from Mark Baker and Richard Findlay, before they can be posted, but thought we could make a start.
If you post more than one item, could you please indicate whether they are intended as one lot, or two, etc, as assigning lot numbers at this stage could go horribly wrong.
Anyone can pm me a commission bid, whether you are attending or not, by quoting the post description, but please be aware that postage will be charged on anything sent by the School, on top of your bid. if the item is sent by a member, you can sort it out between you.
Regards,
Neil.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
2 lots, kindly supplied by Turners Retreat!
Sorby Pen turning tools.
sorby's_392x480.jpg

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Crown Cryo hollowing tool, kindly donated by Buckeye (Peter)
cryo_640x193.jpg

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
The payment details are in the fundraiser thread Cowboy. If you want to pay on the door, you can, but please let me know.
If you like, we could offer your services as a lot, or lots, you could then make names for the winning bidders?
I've personally been called a few names in my time:whistling:

cowboy

Registered
ok l will pay on the door l will come,
the only problem with making the names for the winning bidders is that they will have them sent out to them after the show will that be a problem

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
ok l will pay on the door l will come,
the only problem with making the names for the winning bidders is that they will have them sent out to them after the show will that be a problem
Not If they are prepared to pay the postage. After seeing the one you did for Jim, I'm sure there will be a lot of interest:bwink:

cowboy

Registered
well if that is ok will you that will not be a problem for me don`t forget to count me in for coming looking forward to meeting the peeps on this forum
:thumbs:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Does the school have a colour theme Neil? if so I'd like to make some pens in those colours if that's any use mate.:idontknow:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Crown Cryo hollowing tool, kindly donated by Buckeye (Peter)
View attachment 7222

Just for info, I used it only 3 times and apart from the tips it looks brand new. If it makes £20 or more I will pay the postage within mainland UK otherwise the buyer pays for recorded delivery.

Peter

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Oooh now your asking Brody!

The School logo is a stylised tree in green.
The teaching areas are based in clusters off a main street, and each cluster has its own colour.
The DT cluster is Blue, the Humanities cluster is a ghastly Purple colour. Everyday familiarity means I can't remember the others, off the top of my head.
These may change, as we are reverting to a house system from September.
You might be best staying with the greens, as the logo won't change.
josephrowntreeschool.co.uk
Regards,
Neil

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Neil

As an aside, are there any car parking issues at the school? (apart from Alex who'll be in a hummer with a crane to pinch your olive trees.)

Bob

ps
At the minute I am 100% comitted to attending excepting disaster but in that event I certainly wouldn't want a refund and would rather it went into the funds.
I find it very painful to write out cheques but once it's gone - it's gone:wink:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Neil

As an aside, are there any car parking issues at the school? (apart from Alex who'll be in a hummer with a crane to pinch your olive trees.)

Bob

ps
At the minute I am 100% comitted to attending excepting disaster but in that event I certainly wouldn't want a refund and would rather it went into the funds.
I find it very painful to write out cheques but once it's gone - it's gone:wink:

a hummer no i will bring a unimog with hiab and timber trailer

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Neil

Bob

ps

No problem with parking during the School holidays Bob.
The School has its own car park, but being a new build, the council insisted that the car park was limited to less spaces than required, and more space given over to bike sheds.
All very "ECO", but parking becomes a battle in term time!
All the old cars in the car park, usually belong to the staff!
All the bright shiny new ones belong to the sixth formers, though they often have the odd dent, usually highlighted in the same colour as the car they are "parked" next to:funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.