• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

colours for acrylic casting

kjmc1957

Registered
Hi All

Can I ask where everyone gets their colourings from, I've now got the pressure pot, I've just ordered the acrylic but I couldn't find a good pigment/supp;ier anywhere, I'm pretty sure someone will be able to help.

Regards
Kevin

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
This is what I use, they also have other sets of non metalic.

I also get the larger quantities of Pearl-Ex.

Peter

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
I use the same mica powder as Peter, good value for money. East coast fiberglass supplies also sell good strong pigments. Good luck mate! Looking forward to seeing the results:thumbs:

kjmc1957

Registered
Thank you gentlemen

I have ordered from Peter's recommendation to begin with, I can't tell you how many ideas this has kicked off in my head, I have a lucky deal from the government as far as retirement is concerned, I'm going next Feb at 58, I can see many hours and many ways to keep me busy and hopefully earn a bit.
Once again thanks for the support.
Regards
Kevin

Goulss

Registered
First Name
Stewart
Thank you gentlemen

I have ordered from Peter's recommendation to begin with, I can't tell you how many ideas this has kicked off in my head, I have a lucky deal from the government as far as retirement is concerned, I'm going next Feb at 58, I can see many hours and many ways to keep me busy and hopefully earn a bit.
Regards
Kevin

Hi Kevin, I retired at 58 and I have never been busier, yes it's a cliche, but I really don't know how I found time to work:thinks:

Mind you getting our first grandchild a year after I finished has occupied a big chunk of time, plus all of those jobs around the garden that just didn't get done.

But I can honestly say I have enjoyed every minute of it, I love waking up on a cold wet Monday morning and looking out of the window and thinking shall I have a cuppa and go back to bed lol:winking:

Turning is again becoming a big part of my life, and finding this forum had been brilliant, help, guidance, support and fun:thumbs:

Enjoy.

Stewart.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Thank you gentlemen

Regards
Kevin

You will need to experiment how much powder to put in, get some of the pearlescent powders as well they really elevate the casts.

I have tried several times to retire for the last 3 years and just when I thought I was out, they dragged me back in. I have just been up to the Midlands to visit a friend who was to retired this year, he was diagnosed with terminal cancer in March and two months later he can't walk, that's made me more determined. grab retirement as soon as possible and get on with life.

Peter

kjmc1957

Registered
Hi All

I work in one of the high secure prisons, I can't tell you the amount of times that I've heard officers sayoing that such and such has passed on following retirement, not early just retirement, I'm not gonna be one of those fols, I have a private hypnotherapy practice and a few very good wood turning ideas to work on in my retirement. I've given 40 years to the NHS time for my own time now.

Good Luck to us all.

Kevin

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).