• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

The mess

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Covers off pre installation finish it even turned in the right direction (its a substantial pulley isnt it).

The first three pics relocated VL100 (note the belt guard) The motor 3/4 Star Connected three phase.

The rest the VL150 the motor Delta connected from 415 three phase. .75 kw. Leroy Somer.

Regards Peter.

PS the controller sits vertical with covers on the motor will have a similar belt protection only more elaborate than the VL100. Cheers.:thumbs::camera:

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 72

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That is one helluva lathe Peter and you've fixed it up very nicely with a super belt guard. Do you spend a lot of time looking for the lathe amongst the other tools? :funny:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
That's more like the Peter we know and love init?
A MIGHTY MEATY MOTA. WHOO HOOO. You will be rocking and rolling on that mate.

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Nice work Peter mate. That motor looks likema real monster. Can't see that stalling mid flow any time soon:wink:
Nice one !! :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Super little lathe, sat looking very pretty indeed .. Looks great Peter .. :love_it:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
That is one helluva lathe Peter and you've fixed it up very nicely with a super belt guard. Do you spend a lot of time looking for the lathe amongst the other tools? :funny:

THE FIRST THREE PICS are VL100, The rest of the pics VL150. I will now go to my metal lathe and take a couple of pics how my lathes normally appear. I am downsizing (eventually ) my workshop is around 30 metres by 4 in space at the present chockers according to the calendar I am a Virgo et al. Within a space here of three metres by 5 metres I have the two VL,s a full sized Woodfast, a large Mill Drill, a Beall Pen Wizard a small Metal Lathe, a large oilless Compressor several Vacs an overhead exhaust unit, special carving bench and 350.000 rpm carving drill etc.

They all have ample room to use and require further attention with my refit to pass as garage beautiful this has for me been a fairly major exercise the relief when the new lathe soft started and swung into full revs was so special. It all started when I assumed the VFD drive I had on the shelf for 6 yrs prompted me to buy a bare lathe reasoning I had the controller and motor on hand. Following sound advice I bought a new controller and motor both from Control Techniques, the VL150 from Timberbits.

The VL100 relocated and my penmaking gear efficiently together.

Winter draws on down to hundreds of current projects now.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).