• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

.50 cal Desk Display

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
I made this for a Tight Arsed Sod
.50 cal has been fired don't know what it hit. But when it arrived I put in my tumbler and left it there for over a week to get most of the crud off, then elbow grease and brasso finished with 6 coats of WOP.

The base is Albizia lebbeck one of my favourite exotic that grows here.
Sanded to 600 then polished Shellawax Cream followed by EEE - Ultra Shine.

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Nice base but I cant see any point of glamorizing a killer, sorry mate that just don't cut it with me.
If you had seen what I have seen in my life and what them things do just ain't nothing good can ever come from them.
Rant over we all have different tastes and our own skeletons in our closets.

Jed Baxter

Registered
I don't see it like that at all, i see that he has taken a killer away and tamed it. Looks good to me and it is something that i would make myself. :bwink:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Yes they are very popular items I grant you that.
So are war games and shoot em ups on the computer.
Likewise paintball.
See some real action be terrified and you will have a different attitude I can guarantee it.

trapper

Registered
I clean brass copper bronze and aluminium by soaking it in a solution i make up. At the risk of being a Jamie here's my recipe egg cup of vinegar + eggcup of lemon juice + teaspoon full of salt. chuck it in a coffee cup and fill up with water. just drop the item in it leave it for a couple of hours , go make a pen or something.......... take the item out wash t off in COLD water now polish with buffing sticks and polishing wheels................ dont forget which mug you used believe me gives one heck of a flavour to your coffee!!

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
I would love to know what the projectile hit?

Wm460, did you put the brass casing in the tumbler? I would have imagined that would ruin it, brass being soft an' all. Tell me more ...

I used a tumbler made for cleaning bullets.

I clean brass copper bronze and aluminium by soaking it in a solution i make up. *At the risk of being a Jamie here's my recipe egg cup of vinegar + eggcup of lemon juice + teaspoon full of salt. chuck it in a coffee cup and fill up with water. just drop the item in it leave it for a couple of hours , go make a pen or something.......... take the item out wash t off in COLD water now polish with buffing sticks and polishing wheels................ dont forget which mug you used believe me gives one heck of a flavour to your coffee!!

I will have to remember this.

dont forget which mug you used believe me gives one heck of a flavour to your coffee!!

:funny::funny::funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).