• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

the roller shutter of oportunity

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
y'know i said i was a believer in fate? well yesterday i went round to an industrial unit which is owned by a mate of a mate. the long and short of it is that he's giving us the back half of it to use as a workspace for the grand sum of..... NOWT! my gob hit the floor so hard, so the first thing ive got to do is fix the floor!!!

its all there, lights,power, even a kitchen. A bloke needs his tea. so, no more excuses i spose. earl days, but id rather give it a go than wonder what if for the rest of my life!

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!
GET IN THERE MY BOY.
May the sun forever shine from that arsehole init?

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Brilliant, grab it and hit the floor running, make it count:banana::banana::banana:

Peter

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Cheers lads! Still can't quite believe it. Will post some pics when were set up. Got to put up a stud wall etc first, but thats no hardship, and at first it's only going to be part time till we get a feel for it, but the ball is rolling now:thumbs::thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Sounds like a fantastic opportunity mate! If you need any help with business plans or marketing stuff you're welcome to chat to me (in a previous life I used to be a Business Coach) and I know Phil has a similar background and would be happy to help.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I'm pleased for you Brody, I'm sure you'll make the most of it... just remember the door is to secure the place and not to make a table :funny:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Get in there !

When is opening day ? We'll be round for a tea.

As JimJam said if you want any marketing help drop me a line, I'll see what I can do.

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Sounds like a fantastic opportunity mate! If you need any help with business plans or marketing stuff you're welcome to chat to me (in a previous life I used to be a Business Coach) and I know Phil has a similar background and would be happy to help.

Get in there !

When is opening day ? We'll be round for a tea.

As JimJam said if you want any marketing help drop me a line, I'll see what I can do.

Cheers chaps, a very generous offer. If all goes well I probably will take you up on the offer as I've no clue about stuff like that :thumbs:

many thanks to everyone else for the good wishes. Will keep you updated with info and pics as I go along. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).