• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Great tip.........

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Yes a very old trick that works a treat,Also works by making a similar thing as the spanner ends with bits of scrap wood of diff sizes and hanging em close to the lathe!:thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
So simple but so effective. Thanks, it really is a good tip :thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
You'd think with a name like Yoder he'd be able to do it by mind control, though a good tip for non Jedi :thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for that my friend, but why was something so simple had to be shown to me ... :ciggrin:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
For spigots I use my Vernier callipers I have seen this done with one edge of the spanner sharpened then just push it on to the wood till it slips over the spigot job done

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
I suppose like most things there are many ways of achieving the same end. I use the calipers in one hand while cutting the tenon with the other. It is a good tip though I might try it if I need a tenon that small.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).