• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Curacao de negro burl

Yorkie

I can only find a couple of references to this wood. I bought a block of dense burl and it does not like to be turned! Sharp tools and it still breaks apart. Go fast, take light cuts, razor sharp tools. However, and I mean this completely, it is absolutely, downright, darned worth all the bloody effort!

It has a golden shimmer coming off each burl that I cannot capture in a photo and the colors are stunning.

Finish is Ca.

Attachments

• IMG_1725_1.jpg
    IMG_1725_1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1728_1.jpg
    IMG_1728_1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1730_1.jpg
    IMG_1730_1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1731_1.jpg
    IMG_1731_1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 14

Yorkie

Thanks, guys. I'll try to remember to bring a blank of this to trade. Apparently, it is now protected and can't be exported anymore; finding burl is next to impossible.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).