• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Blaue Abalone Slimline

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Blaue Abalone cast in clear acrylic on a chrome slimline with a streamline centre band.

Peter

DSC_0128.jpg
DSC_0129.jpg

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That is amazing, gorgeous colours. As I'm talking about buying blanks in another thread, that is one I would love to buy. It would great on a sierra/lucida

I don't like Sierras so I haven't made a mould for it, you should try casting yourself, your wife ill never know:whistling:

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Peter Abalone Shell in strips make for this exciting pen a challenge you met with distinction in design,finish and picture of a difficult material to capture the essence of colour, detail. Never was coordination so clearly expressed with the lining up between the top and lower half..............Perfection IMHO. That small detail near the nib must have been exciting with a cast pen pucker factor 8 out of ten mate love it. Outstanding workmanship whose casting was it?

What a way to kick in my day mate I am delighted to open it with this viewing.

Kind regards Peter.:camera::claps::iknow: just how beautiful this shell is.:goesred:

PS a quick edit while I was eulagising more replies came in including one from you if the blank is also your making quadruple the compliments mate.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I assume d that your blank would be the same sort of dimensions as blanks you can buy so I'd just cut to length and drill appropriately?

No, with a blank like this I make it for a specific pen. With this one I have glued the abalone strips to a slimline tubes and then cast them in clear acrylic.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Peter Abalone Shell in strips make for this exciting pen a challenge you met with distinction in design,finish and picture of a difficult material to capture the essence of colour, detail. Never was coordination so clearly expressed with the lining up between the top and lower half..............Perfection IMHO. That small detail near the nib must have been exciting with a cast pen pucker factor 8 out of ten mate love it. Outstanding workmanship whose casting was it?

What a way to kick in my day mate I am delighted to open it with this viewing.

Kind regards Peter.:camera::claps::iknow: just how beautiful this shell is.:goesred:

PS a quick edit while I was eulagising more replies came in including one from you if the blank is also your making quadruple the compliments mate.

Yes I made the blank myself, it was the last of the Abalone I had and we had another sunny day, the tubes have been waiting to be cast for almost a year, as I only cast outside and it needs to be warm. This Abalone strip is better than nothing, but it pales in comparison with a real shell. The photographs are a poor representation of the real colour.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Peter that is so eye catching bloody handsome I say bloody handsome don't you just love it

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Can't add much more that hasn't been said Peter, it's certainly a pen to be very proud of, congratulations on every aspect of its build :thumbs::thumbs:

Goulss

Registered
First Name
Stewart
Blimey I am pleased her lady ship wasn't looking over my shoulder when I clicked on this one, she would kill for that! Beautiful pen:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
No, with a blank like this I make it for a specific pen. With this one I have glued the abalone strips to a slimline tubes and then cast them in clear acrylic.

Peter

Now this makes this pen even more special, i had no idea that you actually made this blank .. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).