• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Band saw problem??

cowboy

Registered
Hi all
l was using the band saw yesterday not a lot of hard working on the saw, not a problem switched it off as normal went back to do more cutting, it would not start checked plug, ok checked fuse, ok took switch of and found a lot of dust in side cleared all dust out and it still does not start.

anybody got any ides`s it`s a charn wood saw as any one got any advice

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Have you cleaned out the door switches also see if they need adjusting I get the same problem almost every time I open the doors I'm thinking of disconnecting them there a pain

cowboy

Registered
not thought of that woody will give it ago tomorrow night just received 2 new blades to-day so am well gutted it`s not working

Jim

Grand Master
Have you cleaned out the door switches also see if they need adjusting I get the same problem almost every time I open the doors I'm thinking of disconnecting them there a pain

This could be the issue, especially if you have had the doors open recently .. :whistling:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
If it's not the micro switches then I would look at the NVR switch, that's the on off switch to is mere mortals..:wink:

It sounds like it could be that as that's the only thing you used prior to trying it again. I had the stop button stick in, tap the side of the switch and it may resolve the problem if it is that.

Hope this helps..

cowboy

Registered

woody if l disconnect the miro switch would it still not work??
found the problem and guess what it was MIRO switch lol there is the little button that sticks out and it as broke off would it be better to take a the unit off all together and make the wire`s safe???

many thanks to you all :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Have you tried the tiny switches and the pushy on / pushy off thingy OH thats it main switch.:devil::devil::devil:

While checking all of the above check for loose wires

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
found the problem and guess what it was MIRO switch lol there is the little button that sticks out and it as broke off would it be better to take a the unit off all together and make the wire`s safe???

Yes just connect the two wires together then there is no need for a switch to do just that well they are supposed to they are just cheep crap switches

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek

Micro switches are so cheap it would not take much to get and fit one, try Maplins

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
It might be the micro switches on the door... just a thought... I'll get my coat.

Jim

Grand Master
Glad you told us that it was the switches Graham, it would have killed me waiting while tomorrow for the answer .. :whistling::whistling:

cowboy

Registered
HAPPY HAPPY day`s no big bang no flashing of blue light`s her indoors can relax now sorted:bravo::bravo::rock::banana::banana::banana:

thank you all and woody

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).