• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

I have to ask its killing me!!

Jim

Grand Master
Don't know if any of you have noticed when football is on the TV i go absent from these forums, i am a footy freak ..

The World Cup is kicking off this week, i have booked next week of work, tried for two but it was declined (By myself lol) to watch a few games without the worry of work going off in my head .. :whistling:

Are you going to be watching this Competition too ??? :thumbs:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I will probably watch the England matches plus the semi's and the final :wink:
However considering how England played against Honduras. I probably won't be watching much football between the 24th of June and the 8th of July :rolling:

lignaterrae

I'm with you Jim, this coming month is the pinnacle of the football calendar. And how good is it, being held in the country that made the game beautiful?
Prepare for England to break our hearts (again)...

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I would rather chew my arm off, but if England get into the final I will buy a nice bottle of wine and watch it.

Peter

Jim I just posted details of where you can get Paua-Abalone-Strip. When I spelled it correctly it showed up:funny:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
I'm with you Jim, this coming month is the pinnacle of the football calendar. And how good is it, being held in the country that made the game beautiful?
Prepare for England to break our hearts (again)...

I can think of absolutely nothing that makes football beautiful. It is probably the worst attributed adjective to a bunch of arguable grown men who advertise their IQ on the back of their shirts and feel the unjustifiable need to jump on top of each other when they score.

Its truly awful, from the top to the bottom, I see local mums and Dads hurling abuse at the referees on the local park, and at a higher level professional players eyeballing the referee on televsion at a range of three inches and managers debating referees capabilities through the medium of the press. Seb Blatter is about as corrupt as they come and the whole thing stinks. Please tell me what is beautiful about that.

I enjoyed Euro 2004 as a true festival of sport played in a professional and enjoyable manner. Since that its crap.

Might take up wood turning whilst its on.

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
I do love the game but soon get fed up with all the hype :rolling:

Will watch some but wont be going out my way :rolling:

I fancy Columbia as the dark horses, you must think I'm on drugs (I've actually got them in the works draw) :sob::sob:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Sorry Jim, but I detest football, and apparently always have.
When I started at junior school my Mother received the usual "must have" list. Included on the list was a pair of football boots!
She sent a letter back saying she wasn't prepared to waste the money, and they should concentrate on teaching, as only small children play games!
I'm happy that other people enjoy it, but still think you should only be able to play for a team if you come from the place in the first place!
I still know nowt about football, but reckon most of Manchester united etc are playing for the other sides?

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
I can think of absolutely nothing that makes football beautiful. It is probably the worst attributed adjective to a bunch of arguable grown men who advertise their IQ on the back of their shirts and feel the unjustifiable need to jump on top of each other when they score.

Its truly awful, from the top to the bottom, I see local mums and Dads hurling abuse at the referees on the local park, and at a higher level professional players eyeballing the referee on televsion at a range of three inches and managers debating referees capabilities through the medium of the press. Seb Blatter is about as corrupt as they come and the whole thing stinks. Please tell me what is beautiful about that.

I enjoyed Euro 2004 as a true festival of sport played in a professional and enjoyable manner. Since that its crap.

Might take up wood turning whilst its on.

So your not to keen about watching then Neil :rolling::rolling::rolling:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I'm a rugby league fan. None of these overpaid 'gentlemen' would last 10 minutes playing league.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Rugby Union for me, then rugby league..... womens mud wrestling.... noughts and crosses..... lastly football (if coronation st isn't on) :funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).