• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Blackmail Threats

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I have just had an email alert from the neighbourhood alert and there is a blackmail letter circulating in Buckinghamshire at the moment. This is one of the letters sent.

Peter

11094_Bitcoins_blackmail_letter.JPG

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Mmmmmmmm. Don't like the look of that at all, thanks for posting Peter, good job I live in Nottingham, the poorest city in the country, they'll not bother me then.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Take it straight to the Police and no messing about with it.
Oh!! Flush the drains and empty the freezer first, leave the garden they will dig over for you.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Low-life at it again..... Take it to the Cops:bwink:

Neighbourhood alert is the cops, they sent it to me, not to extract bitcoin, but to warn about the scam there have been 11 people who have contacted the police after having received the letter.

Peter

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Nasty and bloody pathetic, they should get a life, can you imagine what grief this gives to some older people who have been made to think by this gov that they should all use computers, get a grip on the law before you advise people to use pc's! Just my 10ps worth! :rolling:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Any dodgy emails I get, I just block them on the computer. They never seem to contact me again.:wink:

Apparently they are real letters posted to the victims, not emails.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).