• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Saved myself from the dog house.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Today is my wife's birthday and the date is engrained on my brain, I never forget it, I was thinking I would get her present tomorrow ready for Thursday. Somehow it was in my mind that her birthday was Thursday, I must start looking at the date each day.

A quick trip to Majestic and she has 3 bottles of vintage shampoo and 9 others. She loves champagne and I don't although I will have a glass to toast someone if I have to and then give the rest to my wife, so it is a present she doesn't have to share with me.

Her favourite meal of slow cooked braised shoulder of lamb has been cooking away for about 2 hours so in consideration of my consideration I bought myself some resin and pigments from Maragon win/win/win:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Peter

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I don't have to worry about my wife's birthday .... we aint married :funny:
We just live in sin :devil:
But she does keep hinting :rolling:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Ask her if she will buy you a new lathe as an engagement present:thumbs:

Peter

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
That wont work, we are already engaged (Halloween 2009)
And my lathe is only 5 months old :funny:

Funny that, question the wife's shopping, response - I had to buy some new shoes these are at least five months old.

Need a new lathe - Why do you need a new lathe, it's only five months old?

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Funny that, question the wife's shopping, response - I had to buy some new shoes these are at least five months old.

Need a new lathe - Why do you need a new lathe, it's only five months old?

Nahh she doesn't buy shoes that often, only when they get worn out.
Its handbags every 5 months :funny::funny::funny:

Jim

Grand Master
Your such a woman's man Peter, she is so lucky to have you, i hope she enjoys the resin my friend .. :thumbs:

Wish i could get away with this lol .. :ciggrin:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Your such a woman's man Peter, she is so lucky to have you, i hope she enjoys the resin my friend .. :thumbs:

Wish i could get away with this lol .. :ciggrin:

The resin and pigments are mine, just mine, they are my precious.:funny:

I am going to quote your "she is so lucky to have you" I keep telling her that, so it just needs re-inforcing now and then.

Peter

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
My mums birthday was the same day (not year of course:whistling:) as my wifes so every year a few days before she would say "don't forget to get a pressy for mum". Now she's no longer with us it's "I'm sure you'll be sad when you remember your mum on her birthday".
Not that she'd ever mention hers of course.:wink: Women are far to crafty for us poor males:sob:

Bob

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).