• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Next Version Mould

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
This is the former for the new mould which was made with 75% yellow and 25% red vinamold. If anyone wants to make a mould it is easy just make a former, I used corian and pour your favourite RTV

Peter

DSC_0132.jpg
DSC_0133.jpg

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Looking forward to seeing the products coming from this. Very neat job, Peter!!!

Bob.

Thanks, I have just made another one, so now have 3 which will make it much easier when I make the next pour as I don't have to wait to de-mould for the next batch.

I did the same but used timber painted with PVA glue let dry and applied beeswax polish
worked fine with clear bathroom silicone.

Steve

When I made my first mould I did the same, but can't be arsed waiting for the silicone to go off, the thicker you have it it can take days before it has gone off properly. Unless you can get cheap silicone it is a far more expensive way to make a mould.

Peter

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
This is the former for the new mould which was made with 75% yellow and 25% red vinamold. If anyone wants to make a mould it is easy just make a former, I used corian and pour your favourite RTV

Question.. Where did you get the corian, was it pre cut or is it fairly easy to cut at home?

Thank you

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex

Peter

View attachment 7477

Question.. Where did you get the corian, was it pre cut or is it fairly easy to cut at home?

Thank you
Its easy to cut you just need a fine blade

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Thank you, I'm learning and picking up loads of info this a.m. There could be a brain overload, will have to shut down at work later.

Jim

Grand Master
Very good peter, i have never used that vinamold .. I will look into this my friend .. :thumbs:

Thank you

John, if it is the Morley near Leeds you are at .. I have some corian you can have, i am in Knottingley .. :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter

Thank you

I got a Volvo estate full of the stuff from a corian fabricator, I use it for formers, jigs and anything else it will be of use for. I cut it on the bandsaw, it's easy enough to cut and takes a great finish.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I got a Volvo estate full of the stuff from a corian fabricator, I use it for formers, jigs and anything else it will be of use for. I cut it on the bandsaw, it's easy enough to cut and takes a great finish.

Peter

Peter I bet the Volvo sat well down on the springs that stuff is uber heavy IMHO. I had a bootfull of sink off cuts the car was unstable.

Peter.

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
I just want to say a big thank you to Jim, you are a gent and a scholar sir, it was a pleasure to meet you, and I do owe you a drink or 180, PG?.

Also I do find all tips and advice useful and educational, however as a newbie there is not much I can give to the members in way of advice, but here is an old favourite of mine,

Whilst the snow may look inviting kids, do not eat the yellow snow, it is not Lemon flavour ok :thumbs:

but on a more serious note, what do you do with your shavings, I have a large oil drum full.... if you have a wood burning or multi fuel stove try this..nip down to your local carpet retailer and cadge some of his dry flooring cardboard inners, cut to size to suit your needs, pack one end with newspaper or similar and fill with shavings.. pack them in as tight as you can and use on your stove as a poor mans heat log.. I find they burn slower and longer than just throwing a handfull on, and to date they have not killed the flame. Please note I am not an expert on this, so you do this at your own risk and please consult your owners manual or your stove supplier.

Jim

Grand Master
Thank John, it was also good to meet you my friend .. And thanks for the burner tip .. :winking:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Peter I bet the Volvo sat well down on the springs that stuff is uber heavy IMHO. I had a bootfull of sink off cuts the car was unstable.

Peter.

The springs in a Volvo are sterner than most, but you are right, it was well down and it certainly didn't do it any good, but it was too good not to take the chance.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).