• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Silicon Release Paper

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Looking ar Roberts segmenting glueing jig and the comments about using was paper I thought some of you might find this useful. I have a roll of silicon release paper approx 30-36 wide by what is ever left from 50 or 100metres long. It is a by-product and is usually binned by print sign makers and photographic studios who print giant photos. They would be happy to give you the rolls as they have to pay to dispose of them. I use it for gluing up and when I am casting resin, I can put a big piece on the table and know that the table is safe from spills. It's a fantastic waste product and although CA and glue will stick to it it doesn't have a good bond and easily comes of, I use little bits of it between wood and clamps so the clamps don't get glued up. If you have a big roll it will last a very long time.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
The wonderful world of good ideas on this forum init?
I was gonna suggest cutting up the milk cartons that are such a burden.
We use them for all sorts with a wash off they are spacers between burgers, chops and bread in our freezer.
I have pile of em in shed for exactly this, mixing glue on and separating things in packets etc.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Baking sheet is the only thing I use, nothing sticks to it and it costs under a pound.

Do you mean the silicon baking sheets? They are good, but I have a massive roll of the silicon release sheet and it's free and great for larger areas like garden tables.

Peter

TK woodman

Graduate Member
First Name
Tony
No it's just the brown or white paper sheet. I also use it to apply ca to pens and bowls because it just sits on the paper so all the ca goes on the wood.

Jim

Grand Master
Great to know all these tips, and just for the record i use grease paper ... :ciggrin:

Matt

Registered
Some great tips here :thumbs: always a good idea to keep the bench clear although I seldom manage it :whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).