• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

I have christened my new lathe

Robert

First Name
Rob
and it worked wonderfully.

If the end product is half as good I'll be happy.

As before, all constructive criticism welcomed. Hopefully the shape is a bit better this time?

Gold pen.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7781.jpg
    IMG_7781.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 66

Jim

Grand Master
Great looking pen Rob, those crushed acrylics are not an easy blank to turn, which makes this pen even better .. :thumbs:

Robert

First Name
Rob
Great looking pen Rob, those crushed acrylics are not an easy blank to turn, which makes this pen even better .. :thumbs:

To be honest I found it relatively easy to turn. What I did have a problem with was drilling. I bought a pack of 5 mixed colours from Axminster, and drilled holes at my nightclass a couple of weeks back. I think 2 of the 5 broke in the drilling :down:

Robert

First Name
Rob
Thats very nice Rob, come clean, its not your first is it? :funny:

No its not, see the wood pens section of this forum.

And I have turned lots of christmas decorations (see newbies posts) and keyrings, at evening classes, which is where I've been practicing on acrylics.

I've also turned lots of wood: bowls and candlesticks mainly. Still trying to master them.

But relatively new to pens. And now I've got my own lathe, the world is my acrylic oyster :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).