• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Van load of wood - here are the pics

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
When I said I was a lucky boy I seriously understated. hauled the lot (apart from some smaller bits) on to the drive today to have a look see and check for worm damage. There is some so have ordered the fluid and will hopefully get a dry day next week to treat the lot.
In the meantime, anyone thinking of a "foraging" trip up north is wasting their time as it's under lock and alarm. (No names but I've heard about mr T).

The longest oak plank is 3mtrs x 250. and there is a real mix including a couple of large walnut planks, teak, blackwood, a fabulous selection of boxwood, nice burrs - the list goes on and pics don't do it justice. Prices on the boxwood are from 1989!

But first the bandsaw. Old but in reasonable nick and built like a brick s***house. Needs some tuning when I get time.

Attachments

• bandsaw 1.jpg
    bandsaw 1.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 46
  • bandsaw 2.jpg
    bandsaw 2.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 46
  • wood 1.jpg
    wood 1.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 46
  • wood 2.jpg
    wood 2.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 46
  • wood 3.jpg
    wood 3.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 46
  • wood 4.jpg
    wood 4.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 47
  • wood 5.jpg
    wood 5.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 46
  • wood 6.jpg
    wood 6.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 46

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
So now we know your at number 51 all we need now is the road and were in init?:face::face:
Good haul enjoy using it.

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
That is a really impressive haul. I'm sure that once you have sorted it out we will see some equally impressive results :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).