• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

deafness

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
A man was concerned that his wife wasn't hearing as well as she used to and he thought she might need a hearing aid.

Not quite sure how to approach her, he called the family doctor to discuss the problem.

The Doctor told him there is a simple informal test the husband could perform to give the doctor a better idea about her hearing loss.

Here's what you do," said the Doctor, "stand about 40 feet away from her, and in a normal conversational speaking tone see if she hears you.
If not, go to 30 feet, then 20 feet, and so on until you get a response."

That evening, the wife is in the kitchen cooking dinner, and he was in the study. He says to himself, "I'm about 40 feet away, let's see what happens."

Then in a normal tone he asks, 'Masie, what's for dinner tonight?"

No response..

So the husband moves closer to the kitchen, about 30 feet from his wife and repeats, "Darling, what's for dinner?"

Still no response.

Next he moves into the dining room where he is about 20 feet from his wife and asks, "Darling, what are you cooking for dinner?"

Again no response.

So, he walks up to the kitchen door, about 10 feet away.. "Sweetheart, what’s for dinner?"

Again there is no response.

So he walks right up behind her... "What’s for dinner my love?"

"Ralph, for THE FIFTH BLOODY TIME, IT'S CHICKEN!"

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
A man was concerned that his wife wasn't hearing as well as she used to and he thought she might need a hearing aid.

Not quite sure how to approach her, he called the family doctor to discuss the problem.

The Doctor told him there is a simple informal test the husband could perform to give the doctor a better idea about her hearing loss.

Here's what you do," said the Doctor, "stand about 40 feet away from her, and in a normal conversational speaking tone see if she hears you.
If not, go to 30 feet, then 20 feet, and so on until you get a response."

That evening, the wife is in the kitchen cooking dinner, and he was in the study. He says to himself, "I'm about 40 feet away, let's see what happens."

Then in a normal tone he asks, 'Masie, what's for dinner tonight?"

No response..

So the husband moves closer to the kitchen, about 30 feet from his wife and repeats, "Darling, what's for dinner?"

Still no response.

Next he moves into the dining room where he is about 20 feet from his wife and asks, "Darling, what are you cooking for dinner?"

Again no response.

So, he walks up to the kitchen door, about 10 feet away.. "Sweetheart, what’s for dinner?"

Again there is no response.

So he walks right up behind her... "What’s for dinner my love?"

"Ralph, for THE FIFTH BLOODY TIME, IT'S CHICKEN!"

At my place one of us is hard of hearing so my acid test is I say 50.00 dollars in a normal voice seems to hear that well. Just shared your story with SWMBO who thought it was hilarious that is both of us.

Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).