• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Its gone off!

Jim

Grand Master
Meant to write this last week, but i forgot ... :whistling:

In last weeks "Working in the shed" episode, i picked up the sand sealer only to find it had jellified in the container that i keep it in, which is a plastic sauce bottle. I have had this for well over year on mix it 50/50 with thinners. Didn't know this stuff went off? :down:

Jim

Grand Master
No i mix it Frankie, something that i have always done??? :whistling: I threw a full can of finishing oil out last year Terry, i had it give by an old guy retiring from turning and thought that he had had it some years and that's why it went off ... :goesred:

trapper

Registered
Jim
Can you reconstitute it with some heat and a tad of fresh thinners? Dont boil it though. I always use hot waxes and warmed sealers its easier to apply and builds a better finish in my view

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Jim
Can you reconstitute it with some heat and a tad of fresh thinners? Dont boil it though. I always use hot waxes and warmed sealers its easier to apply and builds a better finish in my view

I don’t know about reconstituting it mate, but knowing Jim I will bet he has done everything and even tried to resurrect it. :whistling:

Jim

Grand Master
lol, it went straight in the bin, as i thought i had more ... Alas i didn't ... :goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).