• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

workshop layout

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Has anyone got any plans or advice for workshop layout its only 9'long by 7'wide with a door in the middle of the 7', I have to put a jet 1220vs a benchtop bandsaw a thickneser small tablesaw router table just need some help with layout.cheers Frankie.It's a small shed.:thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
You have the small shed lots of tackle syndrome just like all of us Frankie .. Alex is right do a scale drawing of the inside of your shed, you will be surprised how it helps ... For the first 6 months until you start adding more tackle to the list ... :devil:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
also another way to do it is to cut some cardboard cutout of the foot print of the machine

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Hi Frankie I have a shed the same size as yours and I also have all the gear you have and there is no way that it will fit into my shed. Most of my bigger stuff takes half of the garage up as well!!!!!
Regards
Terry:thinks::thinks::thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
Hi Frankie I have a shed the same size as yours and I also have all the gear you have and there is no way that it will fit into my shed. Most of my bigger stuff takes half of the garage up as well!!!!!
Regards
Terry:thinks::thinks::thinks:

Ever tried parking the car in the shed Terry ... :whistling:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I wish I could Jim. Alas it's stuck on the driveway. Ideally I would love a workshop about 40ft x 20ft with a concrete floor and central heating.
I would have a proper storage area for wood. I would have a covered in area outside for a compressor and for dust and chip collection and inside there would be enough area for 2 lathes and a good size bench and all my other toys!!!! sigh!!!
Regards Terry:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Jim

Grand Master
I wish I could Jim. Alas it's stuck on the driveway. Ideally I would love a workshop about 40ft x 20ft with a concrete floor and central heating.
I would have a proper storage area for wood. I would have a covered in area outside for a compressor and for dust and chip collection and inside there would be enough area for 2 lathes and a good size bench and all my other toys!!!! sigh!!!
Regards Terry:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

We have a lot in common Terry ... :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).